Beginners Catblog Message

Hello to all,
Please bear with us while we learn the ropes of Cat Blogging. My paws are rather awkward since The Lady needs to trim my claws (as if I would let her). We need all of you to help us figure out how to fix up our blog house. Where is the tuna? And...the litter box? We will be bringing on board some more handsome photos of me and a few snaps of my siblings (just little ones) as we are able to get The Lady or My Bestfriend to help us. I guess this is all for now because the heater just came on and I want to go fluff my furs. Purry Happy to meet you! Frankie

Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Tough Weekend

I am sorry to report our peaceable kingdom was ransacked this weekend by The Torturer.  Every once in a while, The Lady has an overnight guest.  He looks like a cutie pie human but don't let that fool ya.  He is a feline's worst nightmare. 

                                                 

 When he is visiting we dare not lie leisurely in the sun or eat with our backs to the room.  Plus we know sleeping with The Lady in our normal spots is not gonna happen...Not with The Torturer flailing around all night like a mad dog.  Anyway, we each took refuge in various ways. 

I climbed: (which I think is a great survival tactic):

                                          

Daisy sought protection from Aslan:

                                       
And Jasper, being the secret agent man, tried out his camouflage technique:

                                         
Due to our cleverness, we once again survived The Torturer.  Naturally we needed to have an uneventful sleep filled day to recover.  But here is the worst part of all....after a night of hyper vigilant terror, we were subjected to what The Lady calls "pilling".  The Lady says we all had worms in our poop...I can see this might be true for Jasper since he comes from Who Knows Where and has a Secret Past.  But Daisy and I are clean as a whistle, our grooming habits are impeccable and neither of us picks our noses.  Hey...and NONE of us has fleas...go figure.  Worms...horrors!  I just can't fathom this.  But anyway, The Lady and her Loyal Friend (who you haven't met yet), wrapped us in towels and shoved stuff down our throats...GAG, RETCH, YOWL....Ah...well...it is over and best forgotten. 
 
 I have to say that if My Best Friend had been here, NONE of the above might have happened.  But, for now, The Torturer is gone.  The worms are dieing.  Until the next unexpected alteration of our days, we can relax.  I speak for all of us in wishing you a lovely Sunday and a week of good hunting.

7 comments:

  1. How did Jasper's camo job work for him? did The Torturer find him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frankie, Sorry to hear about your rough week...I think you're entitled to say "Talk to the Tail" and vamouse out of there. The look from your perch aloft could be called "Withering Heights" - a true cat look! Well done you!! - Moira

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Jasper is gorgeous! Bless your heart for adopting him! - Moira

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you guys feel. I used to have this scary experience too. Human Kid is Monster !!! Make sure, You be alert and get out of his way...Good Luck for Survive !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement, Mr. Puddy. We survived okay...just a bit sleep deprived and Jasper lost his favorite toy because The Torturer turned it into a pretend fishing pole. Couldn't he see it was a mouse? Oh well, next time we will put our favorite toys up high. Jasper's camouflage wasn't too effective...next time he will go under the bed and Daisy will come up in the loft with me...We will survive and prosper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMC, you weren't kidding about the torture! A little bean and de-worming pills? Aaackkk!

    -Fuzzy Tales

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's Friday the 22nd and it's Kim here...Just *had* to let you know that I listened to Christine Kane's "Four Legs Good, Two Legs Bad," and OMG, I love, love, love, LOVE it! Exactly how I feel at this middle-aged, post-divorce time in my life! I've booked marked the video, have a few women to send the link to. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

BABY FRANKIE

BABY FRANKIE
Geeezzz Lady! NOT THAT ONE!